Sunshine Day Nursery in South Croydon was established in 2013 and has quickly become one of the leading nurseries in the Croydon area. We provide part-time and full-time childcare for children between the age of 3 months and 5 years and are open Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm for 51 weeks in the year.The nursery is conveniently located within walking distance from the High Street just off Coombe Road. The nursery is also within close proximity to South Croydon and East Croydon train stations as well as East Croydon and George Street tram stops.
The nursery follows the Early Years Foundation Stage to support all aspects of learning and development for young children. This offers children the very best start and develops confidence, independence, knowledge and understanding to support their transition to school.
The nursery has its own on site cook, who prepares freshly cooked meals every day and there is also plenty of outdoor space for the children to explore and play.
- To recognise that each child is unique
- To provide a secure, safe, welcoming environment which promotes independence, stimulation and positive learning through play and tailored activities to individual needs and interest
- To promote positive behaviour by praising and encouragement and being attentive to the needs of the children
- To provide children with well balanced, nourishing meals and snacks
- To provide a nursery where parents are comfortable to leave their children in the knowledge that they are well looked after in a secure and nurturing environment
- To provide an environment that parents feel is a home away from home for their children
- To value partnerships with parents/ carers through encouraging and fostering good communication, being attentive and responsive to feedback, and by sharing information
- To work with parents to help prepare children for school life
- To maintain the standards and guidance set by Ofsted and to regularly reflect and develop our practice in line with changes in the requirements
We would like to tell you a bit about ourselves.
We have both been friends for years and went to school together. Whilst we always had in the back of our minds that we would love to enter into a joint venture, it was only when we both had children ourselves that we decided to take some action. The search for the ideal place for our own children inspired us to become involved in childcare and to provide a happy environment in which children can learn and develop , which is when we found this lovely home away from home nursery based in South Croydon.
Our previous day jobs as an accountant and pension consultant did not live up to the rewarding and exciting experiences at the nursery. Whilst it has been a lot of hard work, with some tough challenges along the way, we can both honestly say that we have never been more motivated or enjoyed anything more. We have a great team behind us and are both passionate about the future of the nursery.
As parents ourselves to young children, we recognise that you need to feel confident and comfortable with the childcare that you choose. We want children to achieve an enjoyable learning environment, whilst giving parents reassuring confidence that their child’s carers are devoted to quality childcare.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at our website, which we hope you find informative. We hope to get a chance to meet you personally and look forward to showing you around our nursery and introducing you to our staff and children.
We look forward to meeting you and your children soon.
Shromi and Siv